Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 137

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking now)

  1. #81
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Congrats Charlie! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    John's Rock 'N' Roll CD was just released in November and has 4 bonus tracks on it!
    Angel Baby should be on it. That is one of the best John Lennon recordings from the whole period and has never been officially released except on the old AdamVIII 'Roots' album which was briefly and "legally" (sort of) sold through TV commercials and then, later, widely bootlegged!

    Another John Lennon CD was released at the same time as R'N'R called 'John Lennon Acoustic' and it's just John singing and playing acoustic guitar!

    Haven't picked these up yet but I intend to soon!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] //oo\\ [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #82
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Wow, that sounds like a good radio station in your home town Iowa! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Hey Charlie, I'll bet "Be My Baby" is not on the R'N'R CD is it? I caught some of the buzz on the BAGISM board. That song, not unlike "Angel Baby" has been looked forward to by many fans for many years and apparently it was excluded again for some reason!
    It's a GRRREAT rendition of Ronnie and The Ronnettes hit classic!
    Of coarse, Ronnie's hubby, Phil Spector, was the cause of most of the many problems involving these recordings! //oo//

    GD

  3. #83
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I just listened to Cherie Currie and Friends...Unplugged in Hollywood!! 1996

    Oh to have been there!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    PS (poll started)

  4. #84
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It snowed (again) last night, but its nearly 40 today and its turning into snow soup, So I think I'm gonna throw on some Bob marley and see if that will help it melt faster mon. [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

    rOgEr

  5. #85
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Cool running to you mon!
    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    GD

  6. #86
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Cool

    Well i'm really into the 70's and the 60's this days........... Otis Redding, Al Green etc.....
    Love al those old songs [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  7. #87
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    The selected works of Ronnie Evil. Some Eric Clapton and Neil Young.

  8. #88
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Tonight I'm listening to this really GRRREAT all-girl Rock Band called The Runaways with the coolest ever lead singer named Cherie Currie!

    The Runaways
    Queens Of Noise

    Unbelievably GOOD MUSIC!!!!!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #89
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been streaming Indy 103.1, most of the night. A little while ago I think it wuz Dave Navaro played Cherry Bomb By that band. What a cowinkydink.

    RogEr

  10. #90
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Post

    Cherie or Gussy darling............. don't the beautys only skin deep cd come out now ????
    Im so looking forvard to that.........
    I love that cd... It's the best !!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites. I Surrender, Call me at midnight, The only one, Tittle track, Young and wild and love at first sight.......... The whole album is killer..............

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic